WhiteWater West is seeking a bi-lingual Bid Writer/Sales Coordinator to join our Sales Operations Team at our Shanghai office! In this position you will work in a fast paced environment creating and collating information (specifications, drawings, estimates and other information) for incorporation into submission documents. This is a technical pre-contract role creating documents for direct submission to potential customers. The Bid Writer must work swiftly and accurately under pressure to complete commercial and technical bid documents in a timely manner. The ability to write creatively and precisely is essential as is the ability to respond in writing succinctly to Bid Document questions/requirements. This is an amazing opportunity for someone whose future career goals may be to move into a sales or sales operations role within the manufacturing, construction, or engineering space.
- Read and establish the requirements contained in Customer RFI/Tender Inquiry Documents.
- Act as an internal liaison for the Bids team, liaising with Sales Operations/Bid Coordinator at Richmond head office to ensure the timely creation and collation of all documentation and information such as specifications, drawings, estimates and other information, to create polished documents in response to Customer RFI documents/Tender Enquiry Documents
- Assist in the development of proposal documents.
- Ownership and ongoing maintenance of China specific bid document libraries
- Translate scope of work and specification text for inclusion in documents. Bid writing experience would be an advantage.
- Review of completed submission documents (Bids, Submissions and General Quotation documents) for improvement of accuracy of future submissions
- Review and distribute daily incoming sales leads for China region
- Continuously improve the data quality in Microsoft Dynamics CRM system
- Organize and distribute sales materials such as product guides, manuals, thumb drives and promotional materials in conjunction with marketing.
- Coordinate client visits to Shanghai office
- Assist Sales Management with development of sales forecasts, sales targets, reports and processes
- Must be willing to work flexible hours based on fluctuating workload
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a business environment with strong translation/writing/editing skills in English and Mandarin. Able to communicate at a business/technical level in both English and Mandarin
- Likely from a Construction Engineering or Quantity Surveying background and/or manufacturing estimating/sales experience
- Familiar with responding to Construction RFP documents. Bid writing/technical writing experience would be an advantage.
- Previous experience working within a Proposals environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication and language skills with ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Be able to read and interpret construction / engineering drawings.
- Be able to work accurately under pressure is essential.
- Experience with contract management would be an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Adobe Acrobate. An understanding of design software software such as InDesign (or similar) would be an asset.
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure work place, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.