WhiteWater West is seeking a Project Buyer to join our Purchasing Team at our Shanghai office! In this position, you will be responsible for the purchase of goods and services to support a multi-plant operation. This is a key role in ensuring that goods and services are purchased at the best overall value, on time, and meets the quality specifications. You will also be responsible for purchasing, issuing a request for proposals, and negotiating prices for manufacturing’s “rapid line”. Being bilingual in Mandarin and English is a must for this role.
- As per the requisitions, place purchase orders with approved suppliers in accordance with agreements
- Support and execute best practices in accordance with the sourcing and purchasing strategy for selecting and managing providers for all Whitewater West Industries business units
- Purchase components, sub-contracted services and finished products to meet the customer’s quality, service and value expectations
- Evaluate and manage existing and potential suppliers based on the principles of Total Cost of Ownership
- Develop cost saving initiatives in accordance with the Strategic Purchasing Plan
- Monitor progress of orders and expedites critical orders
- Monitor and rejects non-compliant requisitions
- Resolve Invoice discrepancies
- Develop and or support, implement, and manage supply chain Kan Ban programs
- Make continuous improvements in costs, lead times and inventory control
- Help develop and implement purchasing systems, procedures and strategies
- Reconcile material non-conformances
- Assist with the development and deployment of a supplier performance matrix incorporating the fundamentals of price, delivery, quality, capability, reliability and other performance attributes
- Support initiation of offshore sourcing programs, where applicable by identifying, sourcing and developing global supply partners
- Identify and implement the technologies required to support the global procurement strategy
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sourcing or procurement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent knowledge in the area of Materials Management or Purchasing. PMAC designation preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of MRP, inventory, and production principles
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- You must have excellent communication and negotiating skills, both verbal and written
- Must be bilingual in Mandarin and English
Please submit your resume including the position title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in a short paragraph why you would be great for this position!
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure workplace, successful candidates may (role dependent) must complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity check and criminal).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time.